Fast Start Blog
Resources to Help Build Your Online Business Faster, Smarter
“Last weekend I was re-reading through The Thank You Economy by Gary Vaynerchuk and I realized that most bloggers start off with the wrong intentions.
Most people focus in the beginning on how they can make their first dollar online. Oh, how wrong that is!
This, more often than not, leads to spammy tactics like covering their website with advertisements and using pop-ups to get people to sign-up for their mailing list which in turn scares away potential fans before they even read a single word of their content.
When all you are focusing on is monetization you are failing to take the first essential step towards getting people to trust you enough online to spend money: start a relationship with as many visitors as possible.”
Read the whole thing here.
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Build a Community Around Your Blog
- How To Decide What to Charge for (and What to Give Away for Free)
- 1,000 True Fans? Try 100
- 18 Ways to Make More Money from Your Existing Website Traffic
- Working From Home? 14 Sanity-Saving Tools (+ 35 Pro Tips)
- How to Get Your Gravatar Photo to Show Up in Your Comments