Fast Start Blog
Resources to Help Build Your Online Business Faster, Smarter
“If we’re gonna be friends, you should know that I re-heat my coffee as many times as it takes to burn my tongue, I only watch horror movies through my fingers and I seriously dislike elephants, although I wish them all the best.
That’s the most-commented-on line from my About Me page. It’s the very last sentence and the sixth paragraph of 275 words, which means that people read all the way down to it, including one scroll. They then feel compelled to email me to ask about it. (“You reheat your coffee? Like, in the microwave? And what’s with the elephant thing??? Who doesn’t love elephants!”) In a world where it’s hard to keep anyone’s attention for more than a second, I say that’s a success.
As far as About Me examples go, though, I make a lot of mistakes on my page. I focus too little on the business of my business, I haven’t added any testimonials and I don’t have a CTA at the end. While it’s engaging enough for strangers to contact me, it’s unfinished. I know how many people I’ve caught with it, but I’ll never know how many people I lost because it’s missing some must-have points.
Don’t be me. Be you, the person with the high-performing, perfectly-executed About page. Here’s how.”
Read the whole thing here.
- Types of Blog Posts That Earn the Most Backlinks, According to HubSpot’s Link-Building Expert
- How to Edit Your Blog Posts in 7 Simple Steps
- Final Step to Beating Writer’s Block: Finishing Every Blog Post You Start
- How to Maintain a Conversational Style As a Blogger While Maintaining a Professional Tone
- Little-Known Ways to Write Fascinating Bullet Points
- Becoming a Better Blogger