Fast Start Blog
Resources to Help Build Your Online Business Faster, Smarter
“Did you know that optimizing your images before uploading to WordPress can have a huge impact on your website speed?
When starting a new blog, many beginners simply upload images without optimizing them for web. These large image files make your website slower.
You can fix this by using image optimization best practices as part of your regular blogging routine.
In this article, we will show you how to optimize your images for faster web performance without losing quality. We will also share automatic image optimization plugins for WordPress that can make your life easy.”
Read the whole thing here.
Fast Start Blog Says: My favorite WordPress plugin for optimizing images is WP Smush. The WP Beginner people like EWWW a lot, but I found WP Smush easier to use and it works great for me.Recommended Resources:Source
- How to Regenerate Thumbnails and Crop Images in WordPress
- Best Image Formats for Websites Compared! PNG, JPG, GIF, and WebP
- The Difference Between Covered Images and Featured Images in WordPress
- 5 Free Tools You Can Use to Edit (And Create) Images for Your Blog Posts
- GIMP: A Free and Open Source Alternative to Photoshop
- How To Find Awesome Free Images & Use Them Like a Pro On Your Website