Fast Start Blog
Resources to Help Build Your Online Business Faster, Smarter
“Readers often ask us, what’s better for SEO: categories vs tags?
You might not be sure what WordPress categories and tags actually are, and how they’re different. Knowing this can help you use them correctly.
In this article, we’ll explain the differences between categories vs tags for organizing your content, and how they can impact SEO rankings.
What’s the Difference Between Categories and Tags?
Categories are meant for broad grouping of your posts. Think of these as general topics or the table of contents for your WordPress site. Categories are hierarchical which means you can create sub-categories.
Tags are meant to describe specific details of your posts. Think of these as your site’s index words. They let you micro-categorize your content. Tags are not hierarchical.”
- 40 Most Common WordPress Errors and How to Fix Them
- How to Create Custom Permalinks in WordPress
- How to Update Your PHP Version to Keep in Line with WordPress Recommendations
- Create A Custom Login Page For WordPress In Just Minutes
- How to Create Custom Menu Structures in WordPress
- Everything You Need to Know About WordPress Taxonomies